Update: September, 15 2020
Dear Friends and Family:
Currently there are still NO COVID-19 CASES in our facilities. Per the Governors executive order there have been some changes with visitation. As the possible risk for exposure increases, the more we will be required to restrict. We want to make sure that we continue to keep Covid-19 away from your loved ones and the staff caring for them. As a result, it is imperative that you all continue to abide by the Vicinia Gardens and the State of Michigan rules that are already in place. The following is just a reminder:
- Outside visits will continue to be limited per resident.
- Two visitors maximum will now be allowed to visit at a time
- No visitors under the age of 21.
- You MUST make an appointment, or we may not be able to accommodate your visit.
- We MUST be social distancing while visiting residents, that includes other residents and their families.
- All visitors must sign in and out and be screened (sign in sheet in the vestibule)
- You MUST correctly wear a mask at all times. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, we will utilize FaceTime with the iPad instead.
- Ring the doorbell upon arrival, the staff will escort your loved one outside and back in after the visit, and they sanitize your seating area.
- Please do not move the seats located outside as they are marked for 6 ft social distancing. Please refrain from any physical contact with residents and employees.
- Please do not share food. You can give the resident wrapped food only.
- Indoor visits will be determined under the Emergency Order MCL 333.2253- Exceptions to temporary restrictions on entry into residential care facilities.
- Entrance is permitted for the following reasons ONLY (per order):
- To support activities of daily living (ADL’s): Showering, Exercise (ex: walking), Feeding, etc.
- Resident is on Hospice or resident appears to be in serious condition or at the end of life
- Residents well-being is at a significant risk, based on clinical judgement. In such a case family visits may be a necessary intervention
- Residents who experience a significant change in condition
- Visitors will be denied entrance if they are unwilling or unable to wear a face covering or mask for the duration of their visit.
- To enter the facility, you must read and agree to all the following conditions per Governor order:
- Only 1 visitor per resident allowed (DPOA’s only)
Please remember this is for the resident’s and staff’s safety, and overall wellbeing!! Please help us continue the fight against Covid-19 by keeping our residents safe.
Kelly Steffey RN, BS, CDCM, CALD