A Note About The Coronavirus
COVID- 19 UPDATE: February, 22 2021
Dear Family & Friends,
All Vicinia Gardens locations are currently COVID-19 free and are now allowing indoor visits starting March 1st!
We know how difficult this year has been, and we are thankful to all of you for your dedication and flexibility to help us protect your loved ones. We would also like to give a big thanks to our staff who continues to put the health and safety of our residents first. Due to all of our hard work, both Fenton and Otsego are COVID-19 free. In 2 weeks, all locations will have over 90% of the residents vaccinated, with Fenton’s final dose this Thursday February 25th and Otsego’s March 3rd.
Allegan county and Genesee county are now considered a Zone D risk level in the state of Michigan. Due to these recent changes in visiting requirements and guidelines we are once again able to offer indoor visiting beginning March 1st! We have strict guidelines to follow and we will need your cooperation!
- We are allowing 2 visitors to visit 2 times per week for 1 hour per visit.
- ALL visitors must be COVID tested.
- Fenton : Wednesdays 7am-11am and 2-4pm
- Otsego : Wednesdays 12-3 pm
- Visitors and Residents will be required to wear a mask and maintain 6 foot social distance unless assisting with ADL’s
- Visits will be by appointment only; we will keep a list at the entrance of who has been tested and floor staff will NOT allow entrance if you are not tested and have not made an appointment.
- Residents who are on hospice and have significant decline will be allowed extended visits- approved by onsite directors.
- No visitors under the age of 21.
- Visitors must stay in the residents’ room at all times.
- All visitors must be screened at the door and will need to sign in.
If at any time we have an employee or resident that has tested positive all visitations will be paused for a two week time period. We are so excited for the residents to be able to see you and their loved ones again. We have been so blessed to remain COVID free in all our facilities, so please be diligent. If you have any symptoms including cough, congestion, headache, fever, or been in contact with anyone who is symptomatic, please call and reschedule your visit for a safer time.
Thank you so much, and welcome back to Vicinia Gardens!
Kelly Steffey RN, BS, CDCM